We live in a large and continually growing Community with a strong sense of history.
As custodian of the Laurence Giles Archive the Heritage Centre provides an easy one-stop access to a wealth of local information relating to the history of the parish and its people and will have the capability to expand the collection.
Some of the subjects we hold information on:
- Local Houses and gardens, Manors; Bramshott, Ludshott etc
- Local shops, Businesses, Industries, Crafts and Trades.
- Legal information ; Rolls, Registers, Maps, Deeds, Wills
- Key figures in the Community i.e. Flora Thompson
- The Canadian connections
- Growth of our Village from the Coaching Era, the arrival of the railway, the expansion of our roads
- Clubs, Societies and Social Groups